Friday, February 6, 2015

SPORTS MARKETING AND MEDIA

Growing up, I knew exactly what I wanted to do in my life. I wanted to become a Police Officer. Why? I wanted to help other people out, and be the first to respond. My dad is in the military, so why not. Then while in high school I developed a love for film. I started doing handheld camera work in my home church during my tenth grade in high school until I left sc. It started as a hobby. Just about every sunday morning I would go to my church just because I knew I had a job to do. The passion for filming was like a fire! Always being reminded by my technical director that it was a worship hour and not a show everyone involved in the film team would know what exactly were my shots. From being in weird positions zooming in the light unfocused and zoom out and be right by the singer or the musical instrument made me realize I enjoyed this hobby. It then transpired into school! For my senior project in high school I followed the Columbia Police S.W.A.T team department during their Flash bang training. I literally wanted to have a camera with me everywhere!

I attended community college for Criminal Justice then film school came into my mind. Why not continue my hobby and learn more about it. I already was watching sports heavily, from Carolina football and then a lot more. I would get excited for the shots the camera operators made during the game along as the game itself. I mean, who does that? Someone who realizes what they want to do in their life. 

So, while attending Full sail in Film. Sports marketing came around. I mean, hey. It was new and I didn't want to be involved in the marketing aspect but only in the media aspect. My work in film became to decrease because I became less motivated. I mean who knows, if I attend FSU for Show Production would I have felt the same way?

So now fast forward to the present, I am here today as a Sports Marketing and Media student at Full Sail University. I plan to not be stuck in a day to day job that I wouldn't want to work in. I do not want to be in a office space the entire day. I want to be outside being behind the scenes providing a experience for the viewers. Although at home in South Carolina, I can be any major to become a police officer. I could be a Media cop, for human resources or something very cool that not alot of people would think to do. 
This blog is to allow you to enter my personal life of being a sports major into the career I join. Sports, or Law enforcement.





Photos are while in SC and in Florida while doing Sports Projects.

No comments:

Post a Comment